Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Multiple Screens

Do all of the current Cisco DMPs support multiple screens?  We're looking to publish content from AppSpace, but have it span across two monitors.  Do we need two DMPs?  The datasheets mention "Capability to divide displays into separate regions for multiple content playback windows with text, tickers, graphics, and video" but I'm not sure how to do that?  They only have a single HDMI port.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

Multiple Screens

A DMP connects to a single screen as it has a single HDMI output. Some monitors allow daisy chaining across multiple monitors but this a function of the monitor not the DMP.  With this option you can get the image to fit across multiple monitors like a 2x2 monitor setup.  The primary monitor connects to the DMP and then the rest of the monitors connect monitor to monitor using a HDMI cable.  You then program the main monitor for how you want the screens to show the image.

The datasheet is referring to content can be placed in separate regions on a monitor.  This way you could have a video in one region, text/image in another and an RSS feed in a third.

Hope this helps.

5 REPLIES
Bronze

Multiple Screens

A DMP connects to a single screen as it has a single HDMI output. Some monitors allow daisy chaining across multiple monitors but this a function of the monitor not the DMP.  With this option you can get the image to fit across multiple monitors like a 2x2 monitor setup.  The primary monitor connects to the DMP and then the rest of the monitors connect monitor to monitor using a HDMI cable.  You then program the main monitor for how you want the screens to show the image.

The datasheet is referring to content can be placed in separate regions on a monitor.  This way you could have a video in one region, text/image in another and an RSS feed in a third.

Hope this helps.

Multiple Screens

Thank you, very helpful. 

So when I create my content I would just make it the appropriate aspect ratio, and then use the monitor functions to have it span across two screens?

Bronze

Multiple Screens

Yes.  You may have to play with it some to get it exactly correct.

Multiple Screens

So it turns out the monitors we purchased don't have this feature.  Aside from replacing them with NEC or something with daisy chaining, do we have any options?

Are there any AV media boxes that support this feature?  For example feed it one HDMI input then it splits it into two HDMI outputs, spanning the image across them?

Bronze

Multiple Screens

There is probable a HDMI tile splitter out there but I have not had to use one yet.  I suggest searching Google and see if you find anything.

Good luck

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content