Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

MXE not able to use VLC converted files that are in a mp4 format

Has anyone had any luck converting a file to mp4 using VLC and then publishing the video in Show and Share with the use of a MXE?

I can take a vob file, rip it to an mp4 file using VLC and the file will not publish in SnS, but will play in VLC.

I can take a vob file, rip it to an mp4 file using another program and the file will publish in SnS.

Because VLC is such a standard and free, I need to figure out why it corrupts files so that they can not be used with SnS.  I have tried all the different profiles that come default with VCL.

One last strange fact;  I can take the VCL converted mp4, run it thorough my other program to re-convert it and this new converion will play in SnS.  So all the data is there in the original conversion, just not usable by SnS.

And one more fact;  the VCL converted mp4 will not play in Real player, Quicktime or Helix Media Library.

To me it is just strange that a program like VLC, which is pretty much a standard, is changing a file to where it only runs within itself.

• Digital Media System
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ken

VLC is not good for video converter  , if you are looking for a good program you can find factory format program and this program is free and can convert may formats.

Thaks

please rate for any useful information

2 REPLIES

I got this info from someone more knowledgable about conversion of videos.

They said videos are stored in a file in a specific order of video and sound.  I don't remember which order but VLC does not store the video and sound in the same order as everyone else.  In other words SnS expects video to be channel 1 and audio on channel 2.  VLC swaps the order.

Take this info with a grain of salt

Hi Ken

VLC is not good for video converter  , if you are looking for a good program you can find factory format program and this program is free and can convert may formats.

Thaks

please rate for any useful information

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.