cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MXE3500 and SnS, help me understand

ScottWermter
Level 1
Level 1

I am pretty new to the whole telepresence digital media world and have jumped in feet first.(actually shoved)  I have a question on what exactly our MXE3500 does?  I know it processes and formats and stuff like that but it seems to fail sometimes when pulishing to show and share. 

Our current setup goes like this.  Endpoints record to TCS, then that sends to the MXE3500, then that sends it to SnS.  We are not doing anything fancy, yet.  What I have tested is a setup in TCS that sends it directly to SnS which appears to work pretty good.  This brings up my question of why do we need the MXE3500?  I am sure I a missing something obvious.                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Simon Arnison
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Scott

The MXE is a transcoder and streaming box, it is actually able to take those TCS recorded videos and encode them for use on other devices - like for example Iphones or Android. TCS only records stuff directly to your SNS in some set formats , whereas MXE can transcode and convert to many different codecs and resolutions etc. It also has the ability to do things like lead ins and watermarks on the videos and with the addition of Pulse can also do speech to text and speaker recognition too. It also has one other benefit in that it can multicast, so if you have a bunch of digital signage players the MXE should be able to take the live recording from TCS and broadcast it across your Edge 300 or DMP players

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Simon Arnison
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Scott

The MXE is a transcoder and streaming box, it is actually able to take those TCS recorded videos and encode them for use on other devices - like for example Iphones or Android. TCS only records stuff directly to your SNS in some set formats , whereas MXE can transcode and convert to many different codecs and resolutions etc. It also has the ability to do things like lead ins and watermarks on the videos and with the addition of Pulse can also do speech to text and speaker recognition too. It also has one other benefit in that it can multicast, so if you have a bunch of digital signage players the MXE should be able to take the live recording from TCS and broadcast it across your Edge 300 or DMP players

Hope this helps

Great, thanks for the explanation!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: