Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Running DMP 4400 standalone (no network)

I would like to setup one of our DMPs to play local videos completely seperate from the network. With no network connected however, the DMP reboots near the end of the first media playing. I have tested this behaviour when the DMP is set to an IP address that cannot access the network but it seems that as long as a live cable is plugged in, it works fine and when no cable is plugged in, it reboots. Is there anyway to stop this (say by disabling networking all together). I am using firmware 3.5.6

4 REPLIES

Hi 1- I am unable to get the

Hi

1- I am unable to get the idea to disconnect DMP from the network , that means your DMP will be as USB inserted to LCD to diplay some videos.!!!.

2- For DMP restart , this is normal if DMP unable to display the content " will restart to try to get the media again" from your content manager . 

3- You can do the following. Register the DMP to your system and assign content which need to display on the screen , wait till the DMP take all the content and display the content properly , after that make unregister the DMP from your system. It should display the contenets locally.

4-If you have problem to display some H264 videos , this is because the version of the DMP , and you have to update the DMP v to v5.4 .

Can you share which content management used by you?.

Thanks

please rate all useful information

Hi.1-We have a number of DMPs

Hi.

1-We have a number of DMPs connected to our DMM and everything works fine, but we have a couple that are mounted to the back of displays on stands with wheels. Sometimes there is just no way we can connect these to a network depending on the event running. It is these I would like to get running. I have set one up to play back content directly from a USB drive (or the internal CF card). It is when they are no longer connected to the network that the reboots happen.

2-You say this is normal, but the content is set explicity from the DMP management interface (not the DMM) and the content is local to the DMP, not on the network, so it should always be able to access the media.

3-Yes, this runs it from local storage but it still requires a network connection even then else it reboots.

4-This isn't a problem.

Thanks.

HiI think you did not get my

Hi

I think you did not get my point , i need to say that if the DMP is restart this is normal because when the DMP unable to display content it restart to try to get and display the content again. I have a question : the application which you need to display includes only video , there is no widgets as " weather , time , etc..". Kindly be informed DMP restarts because it disconnected from network and unable to get clock from NTP , which one of the famous reasons which make DMP restart.

Thanks

Please rate all useful information

Hi. I did get your point. I

Hi. I did get your point. I did say that the content to be displayed is stored on the DMP itself, NOT the network, so there should never be the case of restarting to try and get the content again (as the content is NOT on the network).

I can also confirm that there are no widget, just video.

The NTP point is interesting (something I had overlooked) only I did a number of tests and found that if I plug the DMP into a simple 4 port hub with no other connections (i.e., not connected to any network) the DMP DOESN'T restart. It is very unusual then that having NO network available but a cable connected to a hub works, yet NO network with no cable plugged in causes a reboot. This can't be related to NTP or content retrieval as with the hub connected none of these things are possible yet the DMP works fine.

Views
Helpful
Replies