Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SNS with High Availability option

I need help in understanding the network and connectivity requirements towards deploying Cisco Show and Share with the high availability option where the DC and DR are at different geographical locations.

As I understand, to achieve high availability, the DMM and the SNS servers require a L2 connectivity between the primary and the secondary server. How can this be achieved in a scenario where two data centers are connected by WAN / MAN links?

Thanks.

Chaitanya Datar

+91 99225 83636

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Datar,

I already asked this question to TAC, and it's unfortunately clear today the HA mode with 2 servers connected in a "back-to-back" mode via Ethernet2, REQUIRES to be at the same L2 network.

This is not yet based on IP Layer routing, and consequently there is no supported design when using remote datacenters...

:-(

It's a shame, I know, and I reported it to the SnS BU.

Maybe will be part of a next release to work based on L3 IP routed network...

Wait and see.

Hervé Collignon

Converged Communications Manager

at Dimension Data Luxembourg.

2 REPLIES

Hi Datar,

I already asked this question to TAC, and it's unfortunately clear today the HA mode with 2 servers connected in a "back-to-back" mode via Ethernet2, REQUIRES to be at the same L2 network.

This is not yet based on IP Layer routing, and consequently there is no supported design when using remote datacenters...

:-(

It's a shame, I know, and I reported it to the SnS BU.

Maybe will be part of a next release to work based on L3 IP routed network...

Wait and see.

Hervé Collignon

Converged Communications Manager

at Dimension Data Luxembourg.

Dear Hervé Collignon

Thanks for the response. Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Chaitanya Datar

+91 9922583636

Views
Helpful
Replies