3) Click Programs -->Add a New Program -->Name the Program -->Select VOD / Live Event -->Save
4) Now Navigate to the Program --> Click the "+" sign to add video part --> Fill out the Video Description --> On the next screen click on the Folder icon --> Click Add Video Part --> Browse the Video file if it is a VOD (or else populate appropriate fields for Live Event) -->Save
5) The next screen (Video Portal » '' Videos » '>' Video Part » Part #1 Active Related Items ) should say " Part #1 has been added." -->Click on Folder Icon again --> Add New Related Item.
You will be prompted with 4 options as follows :-
- (Download ) Files for end users to download
- (Web Link in New Default Browser) URL opens in a standard browser
- (Web Link in New Default Browser)URL opens in a customized browser
- (Related Videos) Link to another video offering in the library
6) Select "Download" option --> Browse your Video file again -->Save
8) Once the deployment completes --> Launch the instance of the Video Portal --> Play the Video
9) On the top right corner of the Video Screen you will notice "Video Info" --> Click on it --> Click Downloads tab --> You should see the video there.
Note : The all the Images, logos, preview videos, sound clips are stored on the location specified under Deployment Locations (Video Portal --> Setup -->Deployment Locations --> Support) Make sure the FTP Test passes for the FTP server and Root URL Path Exits (HTTP URL) - Try putting the URL in the Web browser and see if the directory listing shows all the content.
The process does look involved but it is not all that complex - Significant changes has been made to the Video Portal in the 5.2 and 5.2.1 release - It is now called Show and Share and is very user friendly. Hope this helps for now.
Are you getting this error “Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported. The installer cannot run in this UI mode. To specify the interface mode, use the -i command-line option, followed by the UI mode identifier. The value UI mode identifiers...
The below trick might come handy when you have to add a new node to a cluster but you don't have or is unsure of the security password for the publisher. This procedure has been around for ages.
1) Login into the CLI of the Publisher.