cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EEM Custom Trap to Single Host

matthewathom
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently sending SNMP to multiple hosts.  I have utilized the EEM to create custom traps following the guidance provided here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-11745

If possible I would like to send the custom traps to only one of the SNMP hosts that I am sending standard traps to.  The applet seems to send traps to all hosts regardless of what trap types are configured in the snmp-server host command.  Is there a way to configure the custom traps to be sent to only one of the multiple hosts I have configured?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, this is not possible.  The traps will be sent to all configured hosts as they are injected into the SNMP subsystem as opposed to being sent directly from EEM.

View solution in original post

Those traps will only be sent to hosts with event-manager traps configured.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, this is not possible.  The traps will be sent to all configured hosts as they are injected into the SNMP subsystem as opposed to being sent directly from EEM.

If instead of utilizing custom traps I utlized the following:

action label snmp-trap intdata1 integer

would the same be true or would I be able to specify which host the traps are sent to via the notification-type parameter in the host command? 

snmp-server host ip address version 3 noauth username event-manager

Those traps will only be sent to hosts with event-manager traps configured.

Ok...thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: