Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

EEM script on Call manager express to automatically update the configuration of auto-registered phones

Hi team,

I have a Call manager express router to which IP phones can register automatically.

The event (%IPPHONE-6-REGISTER: ephone-2:SEP0022191D02C0 IP:149.77.175.201 Socket:3 DeviceType:Phone has registered) will be there in syslog. So, based on this syslog message (pattern “IPPHONE-6-REGISTER”), the EEM should be triggered and it should enable video capability and extension mobility on that ephone i.e., excute the following commands:

ephone <the number of e-phone that is registered>

video

logout-profile 1

My question is, I want to get the number/tag of e-phone that is registered from the initial syslog message itself. The syslog message has the string ephone-2, so I want to extract “2” from the syslog message and use it in the command that I need to execute. Could you please let me know how I can do this?

Regards,

Swati

1 REPLY

EEM script on Call manager express to automatically update the c

Hello,

Here is an applet that pulls out the both the full name of the ephone device, and the related ephone number.

It uses a regular expression to grab information between the first set of : :.  Then extracts that information to grab the number after the hyphen.

event manager applet one

event syslog pattern "IPPHONE-6-REGISTER"

action 1   regexp ".*IPPHONE-6-REGISTER:([^:]*):.*" "$_syslog_msg" match id

action 2   puts "fullname is $id"

action 3   regexp ".*-([0-9]+)" "$id" match idnum

action 4   puts "number is $idnum"

In your message above the applet would create:

*Jul 28 13:46:19.793: %HA_EM-6-LOG: one: fullname is  ephone-2

*Jul 28 13:46:19.793: %HA_EM-6-LOG: one: number is 2

Thanks

Views
Helpful