Views
Helpful
Replies

Execute Hidden/Undocumented CLI Commands

tim.braxmaier
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am running into an issue running some undocumented/hidden CLI commands via the EEM Applet.

I guess this is due to the fact that the Applet checks whether the CLI Command exists and the command is "hidden" .

Is there a way to disable CLI Command Check or possiby enable hidden commands specifically?

Best regards,

Tim

EDIT:

Specifically it is concerning show list in the following Applet:

event manager applet memory_outputs

event timer cron cron-entry "* */4 * * *" 

action 010 cli command "enable"

action 020 cli command "terminal exec prompt timestamp"

action 030 cli command "show processes memory sorted | redirect tftp://10.10.10.20/show_process_cpu_sorted$_event_pub_sec"

action 040 wait 10

action 050 cli command "show memory alloc totals | redirect tftp://10.10.10.20/show_memory_alloc_totals$_event_pub_sec"

action 060 wait 10

action 070 cli command "show list | redirect tftp://10.10.10.20/show_list$_event_pub_sec"

action 080 wait 10

action 090 cli command "end"

But it seems show list is not executed due to the default maxrun of 20 seconds. I have not had the chance to confirm this...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yeah, you definitely need to add "maxrun 50" (or higher) for this applet.  Note: you can execute any CLI command via EEM that you can manually.  EEM uses the same VTY infrastructure for executing CLI commands.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yeah, you definitely need to add "maxrun 50" (or higher) for this applet.  Note: you can execute any CLI command via EEM that you can manually.  EEM uses the same VTY infrastructure for executing CLI commands.