Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

How to exec PING, while there is an inbound call?

Hi all,

I a newbie in TCL scripting, and has some problem on using the CLI command (PING) in TCL ...

Here is the story:

A TCL script has been added in a dial-peer,

When there is an incoming call pass through this dial-peer, it would trigger the application server to do something via the TCL

Now, I'm going to add a PING action (CLI command) before reaching the APP server, in order to ensure the APP server is reachable on the network.

I have tried in 2 methods,

Method #1:

use the set $ping_result [exec "ping 10.10.10.124 repeat 2"] in tclsh, which works fine.

But when I put into the TCL file, it returns

TCL script failure errorInfo:

Result: invalid command name "exec" while executing "exec "ping 10.10.10.124 repeat2" " invoked from within "act_Setup"

Method #2

then I tried to use cli_open, cli_exec, and it seems require the

namespace import ::cisco::eem::*

namespace import ::cisco::lib::*

but when i tried to make an inbound call for testing, it returns

CALL_CONTROL-6-APP_NOT_FOUND: Application caller in dial-peer 9999 not found. Handing callid 3857 to the alternate app.

if I removed the namspace import ::cisco::eem::* and namespace import ::cisco::lib::*

the inbound call can be made, but it seems the TCL has skipped the cli_open, cli_exec

Anybody know what's the problem in here?

Thanks in advance

Sam

Everyone's tags (3)
Views
Helpful
Replies