cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to trigger EEM Applet on a router, with an event that occurs on an installed service module?

Levi Iiams
Level 1
Level 1

Gosh I hope that title is a little clearer than mud.

Here is the situation - I have an IR829.  This is a router running IOS, with the AP803 service-module.  

I want to run an applet on the IR829 router, when the AP connects to the wireless network as a WGB.

But, I can't for the life of me think of a good way to trigger it!

(If the answer is I have to use something external to the router, I'm ok with that.  I'm really hoping for a way to do it all on that piece of equipment though.)

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are there any syslog messages sent to the router side of the device?  What about SNMP traps that can be sent when the AP connects?  If so, you can trigger off of them.  If not, you could periodically wake up using a watchdog timer, connect the AP, and check a show command to see if the AP has connected.  That latter isn't terribly elegant, but depending on your polling interval, it may be sufficient.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: