cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5K Python Access Error

Daniel Hunter
Level 1
Level 1

I have an unusual problem accessing the python on a Nexus 5548P.

The 5k is set up to use ACS authentication and my user account has the correct role set (network-admin) from the 'show user-account' command my account shows the correct role assignment and all other commands work as expected. When I try to enter the python shell I am prompted for a password to which I have no valid credentials and I get returned to the exec prompt after the following message:

sudo: 3 incorrect password attempts

ImportError: No module named site

If I then disable the ACS server and log into the default local admin account  I can enter the python shell without any problem. If I log out and then enable the ACS server and log into to my normal user account I can now access the python shell. The problem returns after the switch is reloaded.

For completeness I also tried the above process without entering the python shell from the admin account and I was unable to access the shell on my user account.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Dan Hunter

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looks like a bug (CSCui43663).  The workaround is as you describe.  The bug is currently being investigated.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looks like a bug (CSCui43663).  The workaround is as you describe.  The bug is currently being investigated.

Thanks Joseph, any idea when that bug will be made public?

The bug was filed by development, and it wasn't written in a way to be immediately made public.  It will need a release note.  I'm a bit bogged down at the moment, but if you open a TAC case, they should be able to adjust this bug to make it public.