cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pause frame requests

Th0masM0dl1n
Level 1
Level 1

I have just started researching EEM and am looking for some guidence in writing an EEM applet or script to report on RXpause frame requests

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Input pauses are not part of the interface ED.  What you can do is write a timer policy that runs periodically, grabs the show interface output for your desired interface, and then checks the value of input pauses.  What version of IOS will this run on?

Thanks for the response Joseph, I am currently testing on 12.2(33) on a catalyst 6500

This script should do what you want.  It will check an interface for its current input pause value, store it, then check if that value increases.  If it does, it will generate a syslog message.  To configure it, you need to set two environment variables:

event manager environment pause_interval 10

event manager environment pause_interface GigabitEthernet4/1

Then register the policy.  With the sample values above, the script will check input pauses for Gi4/1 every 10 seconds.

Thanks for the script, I plan to test it htis week. I do have one question, if I set environment variables for every interafce, will it cause issues or will it just run the script against all interfaces individually

The script is written only for one interface.  Try this one instead.  Set the pause_interface to a regular expression instead of single interface name.  For example:

event manager environment pause_interface GigabitEthernet.*

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: