cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PfR -- Writing actual TX & RX rates to PfR Border Config . . . .

tproeber
Level 1
Level 1

This may not be the place for this specific question . . .

Regarding writing the actual TX and RX rates of a radio to the router -- I was writing to the bandwidth statement on the VLAN as a combined TX/RX throughput -- BUT shouldn't I really write directly to PfR?  Specifically to the bolded fields for TX and RX separately?:

2901_Rig_1#sho pfr mas bor det

Border           Status                UP/DOWN             AuthFail  Version  DOWN Reason

192.168.101.1    ACTIVE                UP       22:55:30          0  3.3

Vl2             EXTERNAL              UP

Vl3             EXTERNAL              UP

Vl5             EXTERNAL              UP

Vl9             EXTERNAL              UP

Gi0/1           INTERNAL              UP

External            Capacity      Max BW   BW Used    Load Status          Exit Id

Interface            (kbps)       (kbps)    (kbps)    (%)                     

---------           --------      ------   ------- ------- ------           ------

Vl2             Tx    205500      133575         2       0 UP                    4

Rx                205500         3       0

Vl3             Tx     75000       48750         0       0 UP                    3

Rx                 75000         0       0

Vl5             Tx    150000       97500         0       0 UP                    2

Rx                150000         0       0

Vl9             Tx     65000      42250         0       0 UP                    1

Rx                 65000         0       0

Where would I write this though?   With EEM I can write to almost anything -- but can EEM write to that?

. . . not sure if EEM has opened the newer PfR yet for programming. . . 

Thanks,

Tim

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'll answer the EEM part, but you may want to post this question to the routing forum.  EEM can "write" to anything that exposes a CLI or SNMP read-write (or read-create) object.  If PfR makes these attributes available in the config, then you can use EEM to adjust the config for your desired values.  There is no PfR-specific API for EEM.