Views
Helpful
Replies

Shutdown embedded ap from host router with eem

Stan Volansky
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

is there any way how can I shutdown embedded ap from the host router, please (891 platform)? I need a simple eem applet that shuts dot radio interface every day from midnight till 6 am... problem is that AP does not support eem. So I need to run the applet from the host router, connect to ap using service-module session or ssh (with authentication) and run particular commands.

Gratitude.

Rgrds,

Stan
Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have a look at

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2241696?tstart=0 .  The applet that user was using on IOS is pretty much what you'd need to do to connect to the AP portion of the router and run some commands.  I think you should be able to easily modify it to shutdown the interface you need.

Thanks Joseph,

I used approach with "service-module wlan-ap 0 session" and then used particular commands to shut down radio interfaces.

The problem was that I used ssh approach after I had realized that ap does not support eem localy... so I tried to ssh to the box using eem and then issue
particular commands. But it seems it not that easy with ssh. Fortunatelly the second approach worked :).

Rgrds,

Stan

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App