Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Shutdown embedded ap from host router with eem

Hi guys,

is there any way how can I shutdown embedded ap from the host router, please (891 platform)? I need a simple eem applet that shuts dot radio interface every day from midnight till 6 am... problem is that AP does not support eem. So I need to run the applet from the host router, connect to ap using service-module session or ssh (with authentication) and run particular commands.

Gratitude.

Rgrds,

Stan
Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Shutdown embedded ap from host router with eem

Have a look at

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2241696?tstart=0 .  The applet that user was using on IOS is pretty much what you'd need to do to connect to the AP portion of the router and run some commands.  I think you should be able to easily modify it to shutdown the interface you need.

Re: Shutdown embedded ap from host router with eem

Thanks Joseph,

I used approach with "service-module wlan-ap 0 session" and then used particular commands to shut down radio interfaces.

The problem was that I used ssh approach after I had realized that ap does not support eem localy... so I tried to ssh to the box using eem and then issue
particular commands. But it seems it not that easy with ssh. Fortunatelly the second approach worked :).

Rgrds,

Stan

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Views
Helpful
Replies