Views
Helpful
Replies

SLA reachability help

Andy White
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I have implement a reachability sla on a 3G router, but think it is too harsh, so I understand is my SLA pinging 10.100.1.66 every 5 seconds and if it can't it will power test the 3G module?  If so, how can I get it to ping 10.100.1.66 and shoul it be unreachable for more than a minute then run the actions?

track 234 ip sla 1 reachability

ip sla 1

icmp-echo 10.100.1.66 source-interface Vlan10

frequency 5

ip sla schedule 1 life forever start-time now

event manager applet cell_reset

event track 234 state down

action 1.0 cli command "enable"

action 2.0 cli command "config t"

action 3.0 cli command "service internal"

action 4.0 cli command "end"

action 5.0 cli command "test cellular 0 modem-power-cycle"

action 6.0 cli command "config t"

action 7.0 cli command "no service internal"

action 8.0 cli command "end"event manager applet test

Thanks

12 Replies 12

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Add this to your track sub-config:

delay down 60

Thanks,

What is the frequency for?  Is this the pinging 10.100.1.66 every 5 seconds?

And this 'delay down 60' will delay doing anything with the down state for 60 seconds and in that time should it come back up do nothing?

Yes, frequency states the ping will occur every five seconds (probably a bit agressive as the default is every 60 seconds).

Yes, delay down will prevent the tracked object from going down, and thus the EEM applet from executing, for 60 seconds.  If the IPSLA operation succeeds before the timer expires, the tracked object will not go down.

Hi,

Can I ask where I put that command as I tried under ip sla 1 and it wouldn't allow it?

Thanks

I guess I could also use frequency 60?

You may not be able to modify a running collector.  You may have to stop it, then modify it.

Do I have to delete it to do that?  I'm not sure how to stop a running script.

You can delete and recreate it, or you can just delete the schedule for this collector.

Deleted the schedule but:

(config)#ip sla 1

(config-ip-sla-echo)#delay ?

% Unrecognized command

Oh, I thought you were talking about the frequency command.  THAT belongs under the IPSLA collector.  The delay down command belongs under track submode.  When you type the track command, you will enter a submode where you can specify up and down delays.

Sorry my fault not explaining things properly.

I guess a frequency of 60 may have a similar result as the delay command?  I may try that first as it will icmp the remote address every 60 seconds and if it fails it will kick of te track.

Can I get it to ping 5 times before running the track?

No.  changing frequency to 60 will not have the same effect.  You really want to delay down in this case.  If you want it to ping five times, set your frequency to 12 and delay down of 60.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: