cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMPv3 support

Darrel Beach
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is SNMPv3 supported in the EEM SNMP ED???  I need to use SNMPGETs to retireve specific information

from a modem and it only supports SNMPv3????

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, SNMPv3 is not supported for EEM operations.  Only v1 or v2c will work.

Has there been any movement on this?  Or is v3 still not supported?

As I recall, this thread was about doing polling from within an EEM policy.  No, this has not changed.  Only community-based SNMP is supported.  That said, we will be rolling out Python support for EEM in 16.5(1) for ISRs and Cat3850s, and it is possible to do more there with external scripts.  This still won't change the core EEM capabilities, though.

Sorry...I should have specified.  I'm not so much interested in polling but the SNMP ED being able to read SNMPv3 authenticated & encrypted traps.  Based on your response though, I assume the same answer applies.

That depends more on the SNMP manager built in to IOS than EEM.  I haven't tested this in a while.  Last I did, it did not work, but you might try it out with your code and see if that has changed.

I did try and I could not get it to work.  Even with v3 noauth I couldn't get it to work.  The receiving side debug simply stated that it was an invalid username despite the usernames matching.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: