Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Would TCL script utilise more CPU

Hello,

I want to run TCL scripting from a distribution router to 100's of access router. Want to know of the CPU utilisation of the device would go high and if yes is there any method to control.

Regards,

Sathvik

• EEM Scripting
6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

I'm not clear on the question.  Are you asking how to monitor the local CPU utilization on the distribution router with EEM?

My question is when the applet or tcl script is executed on the device; would the cpu utilization of the device go high.

Cisco Employee

I cannot answer this without seeing the code.

foreach VAR {

} { puts [exec "ping $VAR"] }

Rather this was a generic question just wanted to know  during execution of a EEM applet or TCL script would the cpu utilisation of the device increase.

Rehards,

Sathvik

Cisco Employee

Re: Would TCL script utilise more CPU

This isn't EEM, it's just Tcl code.  However, the answer to your general question is, yes, the CPU will increase.  You are running new instructions.  The amount of increase will depend on the platform and the code being executed.

yes it was a TCL code just wanted to know regarding CPU. Got my answer thank you

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.