Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding M-Series to Existing C-Series

Paul Marks
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I'm thinking of getting a M-Series to get centralized reporting out of my existing C series.

When I add them to the M-Series do they lose their configuration (due to centralized management) or does the M-Series copy up their configuration for use going forwards?

I guess I'm asking how safe is it to add the M-series to and existing installation!

Thanks,

P

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Paul,

Yes you can add a C-series (or W series) safely

Keep in mind, the SMA doesn't do config managment for the email boxes, it does centralized reporting, centralized quarantine, and centralized message tracking.

Ken

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Paul,

Yes you can add a C-series (or W series) safely

Keep in mind, the SMA doesn't do config managment for the email boxes, it does centralized reporting, centralized quarantine, and centralized message tracking.

Ken

Many thanks!

I could have sworn you could centrally manage the C-series from an M-series? Has this feature gone away (making it P2P cluster only) or am I just being thick?

I don't know as I've only used the SMA to work with the WSA, but I looked through the manual a couple of times, and there's nothing there...

There is one telling difference in that the ESA boxes can be clustered, which may do config sync? (I only have one... )

Ken

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: