Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Characters in message filter

Hey,

following problem:
there are several disclaimers in several languages. I check the mails whether a disclaimer is already added with a message filter.

But there are some additional characters like ß, ñ, ž, á etc.

I don't know how to type in theses characters on the CLI.
I already changed the character-set at putty, but it doesn't helped.


Any ideas?


Greetz,
Sven

6 REPLIES
New Member

dictionary match

I haven't tested this myself, but you could try creating a custom disctionary from the web GUI and then create a message filter to check against that dictionary. This should allow you to check against the special characters that can't be added in the CLI.

Re: Additional Characters in message filter

thx....sounds good....i will try and advise my experience to you

Re: Additional Characters in message filter

Ok, im confused: i tried the following filters with dictionary-match('DE_Disclaimer'). Strangely my disclaimer was added every time.

Because of this i replaced the dictionarymatch with a body-contains("Text of Disclaimer",1) without special characters or something like that. Same effect like before...the disclaimere was added every time.

Because of this i tried to modify the construction of my filter (see below).

Can somebody tell me, why the following filters do not work?


de_disclaimer:
if(header-dictionary-match ('Dictionary_German_Disclaimer', 'From') AND NOT dictionary-match('De_Disclaimer'))
{
add-footer("DE_Disclaimer_HTML");
}
.



de_disclaimer:
if header-dictionary-match ('Dictionary_German_Disclaimer', 'From'){
if NOT dictionary-match('De_Disclaimer'){
add-footer("De_Disclaimer_HTML");
}
}
.

New Member

Re: Additional Characters in message filter



Can somebody tell me, why the following filters do not work?


de_disclaimer:
if(header-dictionary-match ('Dictionary_German_Disclaimer', 'From') AND NOT dictionary-match('De_Disclaimer'))
{
add-footer("DE_Disclaimer_HTML");
}
.



de_disclaimer:
if header-dictionary-match ('Dictionary_German_Disclaimer', 'From'){
if NOT dictionary-match('De_Disclaimer'){
add-footer("De_Disclaimer_HTML");
}
}
.


Those filters are equivalent. Is it really matching on every message, or is it just ones that match the first condition?

The problem must lie in the dictionaries. What's in them? Does De_Disclaimer have the entire text of your disclaimer, or just a single phrase?

-karl

Re: Additional Characters in message filter

thx. for your reply. i also thought they're equal. but i was not sure...now i am ;)


The Disclaimer contains just a single phrase.
A few seconds after your reply i found out why it didn't worked.

The disclaimer starts with our company name. And the name contains a plus (+) After a lot of search i found out that the + also is used in regular expressions.
The solution: Typing a backslash in front of the +


Thank you for your help

New Member

Re: Additional Characters in message filter

thx. for your reply. i also thought they're equal. but i was not sure...now i am ;)


The Disclaimer contains just a single phrase.
A few seconds after your reply i found out why it didn't worked.

The disclaimer starts with our company name. And the name contains a plus (+) After a lot of search i found out that the + also is used in regular expressions.
The solution: Typing a backslash in front of the +


Thank you for your help


Excellent!

368
Views
0
Helpful
6
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content