Level 1
Level 1

Any issues?

-Matt

5 Replies 5

mgraci_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Ummm....what happened to the 5.0 upgrade that was listed on the site and downloadable last week?

I do not see it on the site on my upgrades on my C10?

-Matt

From: John Yu via the IronPort Customer Support Ticketing System [mailto:customersupport@ironport.com]
Sent: Friday, February 02, 2007 12:31 PM
To: Schutt, Guy
Subject: [IronPort.com #126090] IronPort C300 Support Request for sxexscan2cl.qg.com

Hi Guy,

We discovered a defect in the 5.0 release a couple days ago and have to recall it. You will be hearing from us again when the issue is fixed so you can proceed to upgrade.

Here is the official notification regarding this issue.

Dear Customer,

Due to an issue some customers experienced during the upgrade process, IronPort Systems has delayed the availability of AsyncOS for Email 5.0.0

Customers who have already completed an upgrade are not at risk and should continue to use 5.0.0.

We will send a new notification once this process issue is resolved and AsyncOS for Email 5.0.0 is again available for download.

Thank You,
IronPort Customer Support Team

Kind Regards,
John

> John,
>
> The upgrade worked this time however now when I type upgrade: AsyncOS
> 5.0 is not in the available.
>
> Help ?
>

Customers who have already completed an upgrade are not at risk and should continue to use 5.0.0.

We have upgraded already since Jan, and found no issue unless the increase of CPU utilization. (I just hope it won't impact on other performance issue).

[img:2c7af529b3]http://www.noc.cbn.net.id/~yahya/cpu.jpg[/img:2c7af529b3]

gschni_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone from Ironport pass along any specifics about the issues with 5.0?

Yes, AsyncOS 5.0 for Email is currently in staged release. After extensive internal and beta testing, IronPort performs incremental roll outs of it’s new software releases to successively larger and larger groups of customers. During this roll out, IronPort discovered a performance regression that affected a small number of appliances running in certain high-load environments. While the total sightings of this issue among our install base has been very small, we have decided to hold the roll out while our team implements protective measures that will prevent this issue from happening for any customers.

The regression has been observed on a handful of customer systems where their appliances are running at or near capacity, and where they received a higher-than-normal rate of incoming and rejected connections. In some of these cases, the increased amount of data that was being collected for reporting purposes in AsyncOS 5.0 resulted in a performance regression. There is a temporary tuning parameter already available in the system that will address this issue by limiting the amount of data collected. Our engineering team is fixing the issue for the final release of 5.0 by optimizing the data collection engine that records these events, changing the way some data is collected and stored, and by implementing a safety threshold on the amount of connection data that may be collected during very high-volume connection processing. Full details of the changes will be available in the final release notes for AsyncOS 5.0.

Please feel free to contact Customer Support or myself if you have any other questions.

--
Rand Wacker | rand@ironport.com
Group Product Manager
IronPort Systems - The Leader in Gateway Security

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: