Views
Helpful
Replies

Behaviour regarding message/partial emails

ebailleul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We just received some "fragmented" emails (emails with content-type as 'message/partial') from a customer and they were not blocked by our C150s.

Though as per AnswerID 1406, I understand that these emails are not properly scanned, I saw nothing in the config where to block these types of emails by default. Am I supposed to create a msg-filter or a content-filter in order to achieve this ?

BTW, do you usually block these emails ?

Thanks for your feedback

Son|c

2 Replies 2

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

You would need either a message or content filter that inspected the body of the email, looking for this content-type,

Content-Type: message/partial;

and then once you've met the IF condition, you can do whatever you want with that message.

No, these are not normally blocked and there is no built-in functionality in AS/AV that looks out for these message types.

Hi,

We just received some "fragmented" emails (emails with content-type as 'message/partial') from a customer and they were not blocked by our C150s.

Though as per AnswerID 1406, I understand that these emails are not properly scanned, I saw nothing in the config where to block these types of emails by default. Am I supposed to create a msg-filter or a content-filter in order to achieve this ?

BTW, do you usually block these emails ?

Thanks for your feedback

Son|c

ebailleul
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your reply.

Son|c

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: