cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Best practices whil using Iron Port as MTA..

mariappans
Level 1
Level 1

We are planning to deploy ironport in our environment as a MTA and Spam. Currently we use qmail as MTA and Trend was a spam.

Mail Flow

External --> Qmail (DMZ) --> Trend Micro Spam Server (LAN) --> Exchange

Kindly suggest as best practice and important features should enable to block spam.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Something that may aid you in your readings --->

Snippet from there:

Because everyone's mail flow is different (my company will receive different targeted spam than yours, for instance), obtaining the maximum potential can be as much an art as a science.

Since we often are asked what extra steps can be taken to get the maximum potential out of your IronPort, we've published an external Knowledge Base article that lists *several* things you can do to stop as much spam as possible:
Article #493: IronPort Anti-Spam Efficacy Checklist Link: http://tinyurl.com/eqpk6

I cannot stress enough to use Step 11: Report mis-classified messages to IronPort.  Anytime you catch an email making it through our systems, we want to know. You cannot submit too many samples. (The same holds true for misclassifed HAM messages.) 

I hope this helps!

-Robert

(*If you have received the answer to your original question, and found this helpful/correct - please mark the question as answered, and be sure to leave a rating to reflect!)

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Something that may aid you in your readings --->

Snippet from there:

Because everyone's mail flow is different (my company will receive different targeted spam than yours, for instance), obtaining the maximum potential can be as much an art as a science.

Since we often are asked what extra steps can be taken to get the maximum potential out of your IronPort, we've published an external Knowledge Base article that lists *several* things you can do to stop as much spam as possible:
Article #493: IronPort Anti-Spam Efficacy Checklist Link: http://tinyurl.com/eqpk6

I cannot stress enough to use Step 11: Report mis-classified messages to IronPort.  Anytime you catch an email making it through our systems, we want to know. You cannot submit too many samples. (The same holds true for misclassifed HAM messages.) 

I hope this helps!

-Robert

(*If you have received the answer to your original question, and found this helpful/correct - please mark the question as answered, and be sure to leave a rating to reflect!)