Views
Helpful
Replies

Bounce profiles

araudevain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We've created bounce profiles to set on listeners when a message cannot be delivered to a remote host but it's possible to set a bounce profile in the Destination controls section in the GUI.

I don't understand what the second one is for.

Thanks
Arnaud

2 Replies 2

Andrew Wurster
Level 1
Level 1

arnaud -

interesting question. the first area in the "listener config" is to configure incoming bounce messages and such. the "second one" is for the setting bounce verification tagging and delivery timeout values, in the opposite direction on a per-destination basis. read more about that here:

http://tinyurl.com/ol9ra

cheers!

andrew

araudevain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry, I still don't understand the purpose of this bounce profile.
In the "Destination control" section, we've got only one row with Default and the Default bounce profile is set. In the 'listener config' we set customized bounce profiles for both Inbound and Outbound listeners.

I can see when these customized bounce profiles are being used in the Mail_log file.

I understand the purpose of "Destination control" but not the use of bounce profile. I'm wondering in which case or situation this bounce profile is used.
Is there a link with Bounce verification?

Thanks
Arnaud

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: