cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk add users to WHitelist Sender

clark.d
Level 1
Level 1

Migrating from a Barracuda and have lots of whitelisted IP's and senders. There was is a function in Barracuda to bulk add, is this possible in Ironport running latest code?? I really don't want to manaully enter all these items.

Thanks,
Dave

5 Replies 5

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

Congrats on the switch. You'll be impressed with the ESA's accuracy and throughput.

There's not bulk add button but what you can do is add a few entries to the "Mail Policies > HAT Overview > Whitelist" section. Click on the help/? when you're about to add an entry and it will give you an example of the correct format. After you've added a few entries as examples, go to "System Administration > Configuration File" and export the configuration file. Make sure the password is included.

Then, open the configuration file in an editor like Wordpad or Textpad and then search for the entries that you added earlier. Examine the formatting of those entries.

You can then paste in your whitelist ip from the Barracua appliance so that it resembles the exact same formatting of the ESA's format. Then, re-upload the configuration file, save changes and then you can check if the whitelist IP'swere added.

Migrating from a Barracuda and have lots of whitelisted IP's and senders. There was is a function in Barracuda to bulk add, is this possible in Ironport running latest code?? I really don't want to manaully enter all these items.

Thanks,
Dave

clark.d
Level 1
Level 1

Worked like a champ...Thanks

steven_geerts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi piacas,

I would advise you to review your white list.
It’s my experience that with Ironport normally you do not need to white list (or blacklist) hosts. (Which is a complete contradiction compared to my experiences with other products)
We have a small white list on a specialized HAT policy for hosts that we allow to send us mass mailings.

Steven

martinc8306
Level 1
Level 1

Another fast way to accomplish this is from the CLI

listenerconfig edit (listenername) hostaccess edit sendergroup WHITELIST new x.x.x.x

If you are on a *nix box you can use a for loop to fill in the IP's you would like added.

for i in `cat whitelistip`;do echo listenerconfig edit (listenername) hostaccess edit sendergroup WHITELIST new $i ( where this is each instance it comes across in the file whitelistip) ;done

Once you have the output simply copy and paste

Donald Nash
Level 3
Level 3

It's also worthwhile to note that the saveconfig/edit/loadconfig method won't work in a clustered environment. It only works on single, standalone units.