cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C100V - The updater has been unable to communicate with the update server for at least 1h.

Craig Gilbert
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

As of 01:41 BST today (02/10/2014) I have been receiving hourly alerts from my C100V with the message "The updater has been unable to communicate with the update server for at least 1h.". When going to the Systems Upgrade page and clicking "Upgrade Options..." I receive the error "Failure downloading upgrade list.". I've attempted to go to the update site directly in a browser (https://update-manifests.sco.cisco.com) but receive a 403 Forbidden message - as I haven't tried this previously, I'm unsure if I should be receiving this message as normal behavior when going there from a browser.

Has anyone else been experiencing this issue today? If it's isolated to my C100V, I'll open a case with TAC. I've already tried the steps outlined in this support article: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/email-security-appliance/118065-maintainandoperate-esa-00.html

Kind Regards,

Craig

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We are aware of the issue with the virtual appliance's updater service and are actively working to resolve this.

You should not need to make any changes to the virtual appliances.  Once this gets resolved, you should be able to just run a 'force' update to get the appliances up-to-date:

> antivirusupdate force

> antispamupdate ironport force

> repengupdate force

After - just tail updater_logs to see the communication thread and assure operation.

Any questions, issues - please feel free to let me know.

-Robert

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Merlin Wizard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Craig

My S100V has been doing this today as well (October 2nd 2014). Given your experience as well it points to a system wide issue(?).

Thanks

Antony GALLEZ
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Same problem on my side.

If anyone from Cisco comes here, please tell us what happens.

Regards,
Antony

Seeing the same thing here.  Has been up and down all night.

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We are aware of the issue with the virtual appliance's updater service and are actively working to resolve this.

You should not need to make any changes to the virtual appliances.  Once this gets resolved, you should be able to just run a 'force' update to get the appliances up-to-date:

> antivirusupdate force

> antispamupdate ironport force

> repengupdate force

After - just tail updater_logs to see the communication thread and assure operation.

Any questions, issues - please feel free to let me know.

-Robert

I'm having the same issue with both appliances, ESA and WSA.  

Please update this once the problem has been resolved.  I am still seeing it.

Corrected.  At this time - run the steps as described earlier... details posted as well:

"The updater has been unable to communicate with the update server for at least 1h."

Craig Gilbert
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco fixed this yesterday evening (BST) and my C100V is now updating.