Replies

C170 Ironport error "The query <domain.name.accept> failed

rockyhabeeb
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community,

I have two Cisco C170 Ironport devices.  Each is throwing the following error:

"The query <domain.name.accept> failed with result inquiry timed out."

I have been unable to decipher it and was hoping anyone might possibly have a clue to look for the resolution.

I would be very grateful Community.

Thanks.

Rocky

5 Replies 5

Stephan Bayer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Rocky, where are you seeing this error mesage. In the mail logs? Is there more information ? Thanks.

Stephan

I would say to check DNS via the cli command >nslookup

Stephan,

It is in an smtp email message to me from the device.

I have not checked the logs.

Thanks.

The DNS appears to be OK thru NSLookup and AD query.

Hey Rocky,

This seems to be an error on an LDAP accept query that is configured on the appliance.

If you have indeed created an LDAP accept query, please check connectivity from the appliance to your AD servers currently set.

Please go to GUI > System Admin > LDAP
Here you can check connectivity to the AD servers and also run a test accept query.

Please attempt these tests and let us know the results.

Judging from the error, I am assuming that the LDAP accept query test will fail resulting in a time out, if it does this usually indicates either the AD server was not properly setup on the appliance, if so, you will need to ensure that your firewalls if any are in place is allowing the query traffic from the appliance to the AD server

Please let us know.

Regards,

Matthew

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: