cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can not WEB GUI access to the C160 after upgate russian time zone!

Oleg Volkov
Spotlight
Spotlight

Dear Sirs!

I need help! I have two IronPort S170 and one C160.

Today I monitoring what this devices change system time (from GMT +4 to GMT +3) and all be OK before about 3:00 hours.

After this (may be +- 30min), WEB GUI on the C160 can not be accesible.

I get page with login and password, I enter it and click "Login", but next i get "waiting".

On IronPort S170, I can access to GUI and see "loading..." but I can not select any menu - but now, I can not acces completly.

Browser waiting data from the IronPort and show me "waiting for https://........"

I conect by SSH and delete database and reload device, but it does not help.

What is it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helping seriously ill children, all together. All information about this, is posted on my blog
1 Reply 1

Oleg Volkov
Spotlight
Spotlight

I solved this problem :-) I set time zone "Asia/Bahrain".
This problem caused by reporting process (Python script?).
When we connect to IronPort by https, typically, we see short daily report.
When I delete database and in short time when IronPort was accessible, I changed "Daily" to "Hours" and it worked good so far I was change "Hours" to "Daily" again. After this, and few attempts to close HTTPS and open again, I could not access to HTTPS , more, after some time, I also lost SSH access.
It may occurs, because control plane busy by reporting process which has bug, if current day and previous day has different clock count.
I set timezone "Asia/Bahrain" and now IronPort work fine.
How could Cisco programmers can make this simple mistake?
Thanks to Cisco programmers, who make simple mistake in commercial product, and Russian goverment, who think they are "time Lords", I had to work all night and weekend.

I waiting for patch...........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helping seriously ill children, all together. All information about this, is posted on my blog
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: