Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can the content filter also filter the CC and BCC user

Is that the ironport content filter also can filter the recipent which in the CC and BCC filter. And how to setup that?

I need to do is capture a list for email domain for outgoing and incoming(To, From, CC and BCC) then auto BCC to a email address.
The email domain list may more the 500 email domain here, As i know that i need to prepare the domain list in the Dictionaries first, like @example.com, @xxx.com, ... ...
Can the Dictionaries entry more than 500 here?

Thanks for your help.

2 Replies 2

Andrew Wurster
Level 1
Level 1

# to capture the to/from/cc/bcc info:
you can either log those headers in the mail_logs for extraction, or send a BCC of the original message to some mail box and do the processing of those headers offline with a parsing tool.

# in regards to your dictionary questions:
32 dictionaries max - with 1000 entries per dictionary.

andrew

steven_geerts
Level 1
Level 1

Het Garfield,

If I understand your question right you want to capture a certain set of mail addresses and forward those to a BCC address.

First of all, do some reading on the difference of the envelope and the header of a message: The to: and cc: fields are always the header fields (bcc: is never recorded in the header). The envelope is the actual mail routing and addressing info. (The magic of BCC is to hide a recipient from the header while having it noted in the envelope). Since the envelope does not care is someone is To: CC: or BCC: the best way to go is using the envelope for those checks.

I believe Ironport uses the envelope by default for its mail policies, so that would we OK for your purpose.

If you need help or more explanation, just post if on this topic!

Steven