Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Checking Remote TLS?

We've just set up TLS on our C350's and have had a few hosts failing to verify when sending to them (currently set to prefer-verify). One of the hosts is MessageLabs, who I would have thought would be competent enough to put a proper SSL in place!

Is there any way to connect to them, request it and see what the cert actually is? Or alternatively a better way? The logs say there's a self signed certificate in the chain..

4 Replies 4

kyerramr
Level 1
Level 1

Outside the scope of IronPort, you could use openssl utility and connect to the Message labs MTA and issue starttls. This should give you the complete chain of the cert and show if it is incorrectly chained or cannot be validated.

-Kishore

meyd45_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Try something like:

openssl s_client -starttls smtp -crlf -showcerts -connect cluster6a.eu.messagelabs.com:25

J.

steven_geerts
Level 1
Level 1

this Forum is gaining in usefulness every time!

i was seeking for the SSL test syntax for a long time but did not manage to find it. (maybe that says something about my "google capacities" )

thanks for posting this!

Steven

Andrew Wurster
Level 1
Level 1

Steven -

This would be an awesome feature to request on our ESA's with the help of your Cisco IronPort sales account team! +1 for a good idea.

Cheers!

Andrew

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: