Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco IronPort Plug-In 7.3 breaks when multiple profiles are used?

In our testing of the Cisco IronPort Plug-In 7.3 we found that if seperate Outlook profiles are used that are configured to different e-mail accounts the plug-in gives an error.

Here's the scenario.

Profile A configured with user1@domain.com up and running receives the BCS Configuratoin File and the plug-in recognizes it and enables the ENCRYPT button.   User1 can use Outlook along with ENCRYPT and all works well.

But, if that same workstation users opens a different Outlook mail profile is opened that is configured to a different e-mail account.  Profile B configured with user2@domain.com the following error is generated:  "An error occurred during C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco IronPort Email Security Plug-in\user1\config_2.xml configuartion file initialization.  Some settings have been set to the default values."   Outlook works fine, the decrypt button is greyed out, which is expected, user2@domain.com is not ENCRYPT enabled.

The problem is when the user opens up Profile A again, a different error occurs "

"An error occurred during C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco IronPort Email Security Plug-in\user1\config_1.xml configuartion file initialization.  Some settings have been set to the default values." and the ENCRYPT button is still disabled, even though this user is authorized for ENCRYPTION.   At this point the user has to open the BCS Configuration File again, which does give the message 'This message contains a secure attachment with settings for user1@domain.com  Do you want to apply these settings?".   If they answer YES, the ENCRYPT button is re-enabled.

Is Cisco aware of this?   What is the resolution?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES

Cisco IronPort Plug-In 7.3 breaks when multiple profiles are use

Hey Jason,

Is that under the same AD login, or do the users logout, and new user logs in?

Ken

Same workstation AD login that has full access to both e-mail accounts. 

Email account A profile A is the same as the workstation login used.   Email account B profile B is a different e-mail address / AD object but user A has full access to the mailbox.

I would expect Encryption to work for Profile A and not for Profile B, e-mail address B was never sent the configuration file.  But when I go back to use Profile A, encryption is no longer enabled, requireing me to run the configuration again.

I didn't get the error with creating the config_2.xml, but everything else failed the same way.

I'm going to do a TAC support call on it to see what Cisco says.

Cisco TAC acknowledged it is

Cisco TAC acknowledged it is a known issue and they are working on it.

Was this resolved?  Can you

Was this resolved?  Can you update your post to include resolution?  Having same issue with Outlook 2010 and Plugin 7.3.

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content