Views
Helpful
Replies

Clean messages

bvj197222
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am testing out a new Ironport C160. It's has a high priority so it does not receive anything but spam yet. Our current mail gateway has best priority and is receiving all corporate mail as expected.

The Ironport is naturally receiving a lot of spam, thousands. Most of it is being stopped as expected, but there's a few e-mail being categorized as "cleaned". I would like to know what these mails are as it is not supposed to receive any legit e-mail yet. The email are from the domain turk.net, but I don't find it in "message tracking", so the envelope sender is probably another address. Where can I find more info about these clean e-mails?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Message tracking is great. But you also have "grep" command from CLI, which gives results faster. For example, to search for the word "delivery" you can use the folllowing :

ironport> grep -e "delivery" mail_logs

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

bvj197222
Level 1
Level 1

Found the answer: Message tracking -> advanced: select "delivered"...

Message tracking is great. But you also have "grep" command from CLI, which gives results faster. For example, to search for the word "delivery" you can use the folllowing :

ironport> grep -e "delivery" mail_logs

Great tip, thanks!

Please rate or mark this question as "answered" so other could benefit from it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: