Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cli-5.1 documentation

I have made a little drawing to visualize the CLI.
I tried to separate the CLI into sections for receiving, delivery,workqueue and management.

The green characters are my comments.
The blue lines indicate object relations.

the drawing can be downloaded here:
http://www.ironport-infos.com/ironport-cli.pdf

any comments are welcome.

I made this with mindmanager. Drop me a line if you need the original file.
I will further complete this drawing in the future.

12 REPLIES

Re: cli-5.1 documentation

This is amazing! Very nice work. Now I just need a bigger monitor and/or a very big printer!

I agree with Corey - very nice job.

A couple of questions:

- I noticed your subject is cli-5.1 documentation. Does that refer to the briefly released but now MIA AsyncOS version 5?

- There are a couple of filter actions shown that I don't think I've seen in my documentation, specifically PER-MESSAGE-VERP and EDIT-HEADER-TEXT. Are they new to 5.1, or are they just called something else in the prior version? I am especially interested in the EDIT-HEADER-TEXT one.

I agree with Corey - very nice job.

A couple of questions:

- I noticed your subject is cli-5.1 documentation. Does that refer to the briefly released but now MIA AsyncOS version 5?

- There are a couple of filter actions shown that I don't think I've seen in my documentation, specifically PER-MESSAGE-VERP and EDIT-HEADER-TEXT. Are they new to 5.1, or are they just called something else in the prior version? I am especially interested in the EDIT-HEADER-TEXT one.

thanks for your comments.
i gathered the infos from different sources including dokus and our own beta systems which already run 5.1.

regarding the message filter actions:
i think i got these from the commandline info of version 4.x where you receive a feedback for wrongly configured messagefilters that tells you all allowed actions.

I havent tested all filters myself, but all listed commands are valid.

Thanks.

Busy? You look dog tired. Nice hat.

You'll have to scan the 5.1 release notes when they get published in a few days for a couple more new filter actions an serveral new commands.

Erich

You'll have to scan the 5.1 release notes when they get published in a few days for a couple more new filter actions an serveral new commands.

Erich

Hello Erich,

thanks for the info.
I will update the map asap when the release notes/dokus are available.

updated version has been uploaded after i reviewed the release notes from 5.0.

There were only minor changes necessary (added some new action variables and sorted the lists)

I did also enter urls for the reporting API and the XML API.

update uploaded

Hello all,

i have uploaded an updated version of the cli-map according to the final release notes of V5.1

Great Document!! I need to get it printed on 11 x17. I printed it to 8.5x11 and it is too small to read. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Thx for the map!!! Im starting to manage the appliance C100 and its a whole new world for me. This helps a lot to understand how it works!!!!
Thanks for your time!

updated version online

i have updated the map and added more details like some "undocumented" commands.

regards

Uwe Sommer

Awesome map! Now to chop down a redwood tree to make some paper to fit it on :)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content