Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Content filters and SL/BL

I have been working on an problem that I cannot seem to get an answer to.
I have a c300 set up with local quarantine. I turned on the EUQ and the SL/BL options.

I have a content filter;
Spam_Review: if (dictionary-match("Spam_Review", 2)) { strip-header("Subject"); insert-header("Subject", "[Possible Spam-MX1] $Subject"); alt-mailhost ("the.euq.queue"); }

The problem is that the SL/BL is not working. I have an address in my SL and when I send an email that triggers the content filter the items still gets quarantined even though the address is in my SL.
I Have checked the message headder information when I release the message from the quarantine and it shows the following:
X-SLBL-Result: SAFE-LISTED

My question is, can the content filter be used to quarantine messages and still work with the SL/BL?

1 Reply 1

kyerramr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi rnarvaez,

Unfortunately the answer to your question is NO. IronPort filters, quarantines and SL/BL are architectured such that admin always get the final say over user preference.

So, if a user has an entry for an address or a domain listed in SL but the message triggers a filter setup by the admin then message will have the action setup in the filter.

-Kishore

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: