Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Could not access downloads.ironport.com

I could not access it from the box, could not ping and traceroute.

Failure downloading upgrade list. (Error performing upgrade: I/O error opening URL
'http://downloads.ironport.com/asyncos/upgrade/?serial=0014220F4D70-4BFHW71&version=5.1.0-320&product=C600')

any problem with donwloads site?

2 Replies 2

Doc_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

downloads.ironport.com is actually hosted on Akamai, so this one hostname can point to hundreds or more of different hosts around the world - it will automatically pick the one that will give you the best performance based on where the request comes from, as well as which Akamai hosts are available.

In general it should never allocate you a host that is currently unreachable, but of course it's always possible due to the nature of the Internet!

I'd suggest trying again, and if it still doesn't work you can try changing the hostname to downloads-static.ironport.com. This will force it to use the IronPort server located in the US, and whilst we generally don't recommend this (if nothing else, it won't be as fast) it's a good backup.

Failing that, raise a call with support who will be able to walk through the problem with you.

In general it should never allocate you a host that is currently unreachable, but of course it's always possible due to the nature of the Internet!

I'd suggest trying again, and if it still doesn't work you can try changing the hostname to downloads-static.ironport.com.

Yes, it's possible.

I'm about to replace it with downloads-static when the connection restore again after couple of minutes.

Maybe it is also good to put downloads-static.ironport.com on the updateconfig as a secondary host if the primary host unreachable like this, automatically :) Like LDAP configuration.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: