Views
Helpful
Replies

Detailed report from a past day at M Series

khalilnz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Anybody have any idea how to generate a report specific about System Capacity. I need for example to generate a report from one of my C series that of supposed to be responsible for delivery delays and to prove the it was not it I need a system capacity report from one day of last week (14/08), but the default MSeries reports I don't allow to generate it hour by hour from a past day.

Best regards,

Khalil

5 Replies 5

Andrew Wurster
Level 1
Level 1

khalil -

please define "system capacity" for us and i'll let you know if there's a good corresponding report. also, is this for an m-series to report on one of your c-series appliances? or do you want the report to tell you the "system capacity" of the m-series appliance itself?

thanks.

khalilnz
Level 1
Level 1

Andrew,

What I want is just generate a report from a past day detailed at hours level, from each of my appliances. Today at the M series I can get the total of each item in the system capacity report.

I hope I make myself clear.

thanks for the help,

Khalil

My friends at work try that using snmp. Not using M...

steven_geerts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Khalil,

If you have got complains about delays, you might better be checking the maillogs.
Ask your complaining users about examples (who send the mesage, @what time to whom) and check the logfiles for possible problems.

1) Logon to the Ironport command line
2) grep for the senders local part on the mail log that was active in the specified period
3) When you found the delayed message, note the MID and use that as input for the "findevent" command.

The info provided by Findevent will show you all related loglines, including the time the event was logged. This should clear up everything.

Another way of working:
Get a grip on the E-mail header of the delayed message. The recipient should normally be able to retrieve that when you guide him/her. The header shows a line for each mail relay the message has passed on it’s way to the recipient, including the current time on that device.

good luck!

khalilnz
Level 1
Level 1

I was instruct by the Ironport custumer support to get this informations from status log by ftp of each ironport appliance. The information I needed was there.

To much work but it was enough...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: