Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disclaimer for several languages / body-contains('DISCLAIMER

Hy,

i found out how to add disclaimers and check if there already added in further mail-transfer.
We habe more than 30 branches of which nearly everyone has its own disclaimer.

Now the question:
Is it possible to use add the body-contains-expression a form of variable like in the add-footer-expression?

For example:

if (recv-listener == 'OutboundMail' AND (body-contains(disclaimer_DE')) 

{ deliver();}

else

{add-footer('disclaimer_DE'); }

In more detail: I don't want to copy for each of the 30 branches the whole text into the body-contains-expression but only the disclaimer-name like in the add-footer-expression.
Is it possible to do it like that?

3 Replies 3

steven_geerts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sven,

I think there is no function to map the contents of your disclaimer back to the name of it.
The only option I see is that you add the name of your disclaimer to the bottom of the message.

You can also try to abuse X-headers but you can never be sure what headers a remote party is removing from the message.

Steven

Hi Steven,

i think you're right. I tried a long time.

Now i have fixed the problem by the following:

de_disclaimer: 
if header-dictionary-match ('Dictionary_German_Disclaimer', 'From'){
if NOT dictionary-match('De_Disclaimer'){
add-footer("De_Disclaimer_HTML");
}
}

robertrenner
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

we have solved this with ldap groups...

so when sender in ldap group "germany" then stamp disclaimer "germany" when sender in group "italy" then ... etc.

works pretty well

but you have to combine this with the text / HTML decision an this is a bit tricky but okay.

regards,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: