cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNS Server Settings Recommendations

Brannon Vaughan
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have any recommendations for dns settings? Internal, external? advantages/ disadvantages? security issues?                  

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Doug Maxfield
Level 1
Level 1

I would use the default settings(Using the Internet's root DNS servers).  We used for a while our DNS servers to resolve and seemed to have a lot of undeliverable emails.  Changing to the default settings cleared this up.

Doug

View solution in original post

Remmended as the defaults, is to use Internet root DNS servers. I have seen issues while handling large amount of messages (incoming) and using Internal/Private DNS servers (performance).

There may be others able to share their thougts about security but it is my understanding that this can also work to support the recommended setting, to use Internet root DNS servers.

Regards,

-V

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Doug Maxfield
Level 1
Level 1

I would use the default settings(Using the Internet's root DNS servers).  We used for a while our DNS servers to resolve and seemed to have a lot of undeliverable emails.  Changing to the default settings cleared this up.

Doug

Remmended as the defaults, is to use Internet root DNS servers. I have seen issues while handling large amount of messages (incoming) and using Internal/Private DNS servers (performance).

There may be others able to share their thougts about security but it is my understanding that this can also work to support the recommended setting, to use Internet root DNS servers.

Regards,

-V