cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does AsyncOS 6.5.1-005 support Windows Server 2008 LDAP?

Rob Klebanov
Level 1
Level 1

Does AsyncOS 6.5.1-005 for the E-mail Security Appliance support Windows Server 2008 authentication?

4 Replies 4

steven_geerts
Level 1
Level 1

Hello rklebano,

Can you give some more side information? What are you pointing at, can you explain what you try to accomplish and what the problem is you are facing?

To share some of my experiences with you: I have queried a Win2k8 domain from a non Windows host (a Perl script running on Linux) using basic authentication. If you make sure your windows policy allows basic authentication for the userID you are using it will work. You can even query your Global Catalog, which is better indexed, using this logon type.
If you are forced to use MS propriety logon types I assume that Ironport will not be able to connect.

Steven.

Rob Klebanov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello rklebano,

Can you give some more side information? What are you pointing at, can you explain what you try to accomplish and what the problem is you are facing?

To share some of my experiences with you: I have queried a Win2k8 domain from a non Windows host (a Perl script running on Linux) using basic authentication. If you make sure your windows policy allows basic authentication for the userID you are using it will work. You can even query your Global Catalog, which is better indexed, using this logon type.
If you are forced to use MS propriety logon types I assume that Ironport will not be able to connect.

Steven.

Hi Steven,

We are trying to achieve a native Server 2008 AD domain. Unfortunately our WSA and ESA's are unable to use Server 2008 domain controllers to authenticate against. The WSA have a preview version of AsyncOS 6.0 (Aurora) that supports 2008 AD authentication. I was wondering if there was a version of the AsyncOS for the ESA that supports that as well.

Rob

karlyoun
Level 1
Level 1

Hello rklebano,

Steven.

Hi Steven,

We are trying to achieve a native Server 2008 AD domain. Unfortunately our WSA and ESA's are unable to use Server 2008 domain controllers to authenticate against. The WSA have a preview version of AsyncOS 6.0 (Aurora) that supports 2008 AD authentication. I was wondering if there was a version of the AsyncOS for the ESA that supports that as well.

Rob

Rob

As you point out the 6.0 version for WSA has this support. Can you tell me what your needs are for ESA? Binding for recipient validation? Administrative authentication?

Rob Klebanov
Level 1
Level 1

Rob

As you point out the 6.0 version for WSA has this support. Can you tell me what your needs are for ESA? Binding for recipient validation? Administrative authentication?

Hi Steven,

I was refering to recipient validation. I've actually done testing with AsyncOS 6.5.1-005 and it actually supports Server 2008 AD. Thank you so much for all your assistance.

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: