Views
Helpful
Replies

Emails sent get a warning

brict0001
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,

I'm working for a Belgian Email provider. 

The email sent by one of our client (a well known Deutsche bank) to a skynet.be account, get a warning message "[Is deze mail veilig?] [Is this e-mail safe?] [Cet e-mail est-il sans danger?]". It was not the case previously. It is not spam as only client received them.

It seems that Skynet is protected by "IronPort Spam" and I looking to understand what is wrong with thus email.

Could you help me?

Part of the header:

X-IronPort-Outbreak-Delimiter: ------------ Suspicious threat disclaimer ends here ------------
X-IronPort-Original-Subject: TEST - Nieuwe obligaties bij Deutsche Bank
X-IronPort-Redirect-Domain: secure-web.cisco.com/%(auth)s/%(url)s
Subject: [Is deze mail veilig?] [Is this e-mail safe?] [Cet e-mail est-il sans
 danger?] TEST - Nieuwe obligaties bij Deutsche Bank
X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Filtered: true
X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Result: AuAUzFzqyFNQqW+g/2dsb2JhbABDBgEPgkdHUlcBgnevMgGSIQQYAQaHYG8WdoIKAQGBfwIgHRsfDi8GAg0BCQICAgFyiEEBCJAwAYNkgyICk3h3hQiBd4lVAgFehhsRBoFDX4oKgjUBBxEBCYMFDzINBYE8gTKuH4NGOy8BgQsLAQEEAQ

2 Replies 2

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looking at the anti-spam score, I can advise that this was scored low - and did not trip on the scale of spam, or possible spam.

Something else has to be coming into play in order to have this pre-pend the subject modification.  Seeing as that it isn't a standard [SPAM] or [SUSPECT SPAM], this most likely hitting something else in message processing -- perhaps based on subject?

Without full message tracking, would be hard to see where/why it is being tagged.  It may be also that there is another outside/3rd party scanning occurring that is triggering.

I hope this helps!

-Robert

(*If you have received the answer to your original question, and found this helpful/correct - please mark the question as answered, and be sure to leave a rating to reflect!)

Tks you for you answer.

However, it really looks liike Ironport is updating the subject.

I attached another email (I doesn't find back the first one).

If you wan help me, it would be great.

Tks in advance

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: