cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error with version 7-2-0-039

carolmccann
Level 1
Level 1

I just installed the latest and greatest version 7-2-0-039 and when I send attempt to send an encrypted message I get an error 'An HTTP error occurred during connection to server: unable to establish IP connection' and the message doesn't get sent. 

Any ideas on what might be going on?  It worked just fine in the previous version.  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Carol,

so this is about the security and encryption plugin actually. The error you are getting is caused as the plugin is unable to fetch a key from a keyserver to encrypt the message on the desktop. So the question is, did you use desktop encryption in the previous version, or only flag the messages for encryption before sending them out? In case of the latter, it looks like you have specified the wrong option (desktop encryption) when installing the new version.

Regards,

Andreas

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Andreas Mueller
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Carol,

where do you see that error, and how does it exactly look like? Asking because encryption should not issue any HTTP errors.

Regards,

Andreas

It appears after I hit the 'Encrypt Message' and then hit send. The message appears that it is encrypting the message and then the error message. Other testers are getting it also.

Hello Carol,

so this is about the security and encryption plugin actually. The error you are getting is caused as the plugin is unable to fetch a key from a keyserver to encrypt the message on the desktop. So the question is, did you use desktop encryption in the previous version, or only flag the messages for encryption before sending them out? In case of the latter, it looks like you have specified the wrong option (desktop encryption) when installing the new version.

Regards,

Andreas

That makes sense. I will follow up on that. Thanks for the response.