Views
Helpful
Replies

ESA Centralized Management License

pnavratil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

my customer provides single ESA Appliance and would like to produce another one (either physical or virtual). I can see there is no Centralized management license on existing single ESA (wiht dual ESA it was automaticaly added in the past). Can somebody point me, how to obtain (order) centralized management license for existing ESA to be able to make configuration cluster with future ESA?

As I understand it right way, there should be no problem to provide configuration cluster with hybrid ESA (Physical and virtual) - Is it true?

Thank you for any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You may request the license be provided for your serial number by contacting our Global Licensing team.  They will provide you the availability of the Centralized Management feature key based on your contract and appliance.

Please contact our Global Licensing Operations team:

https://tools.cisco.com/SWIFT/LicensingUI/Home

Licensing FAQ

Phone: 1-800-553-2447, opt 3 (You may request to have a case opened for GLO/Licensing.)

Their email directly is: licensing@cisco.com

For the virtual appliance - you will need to assure that they build the centralized management feature key into the license XML, and re-provide a fresh XML for your vESA, based on the VLN associated to the vESA.  To get this information - please run 'showlicense' on the CLI.

I hope this helps!

-Robert

(*If you have received the answer to your original question, and found this helpful/correct - please mark the question as answered, and be sure to leave a rating to reflect!)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You may request the license be provided for your serial number by contacting our Global Licensing team.  They will provide you the availability of the Centralized Management feature key based on your contract and appliance.

Please contact our Global Licensing Operations team:

https://tools.cisco.com/SWIFT/LicensingUI/Home

Licensing FAQ

Phone: 1-800-553-2447, opt 3 (You may request to have a case opened for GLO/Licensing.)

Their email directly is: licensing@cisco.com

For the virtual appliance - you will need to assure that they build the centralized management feature key into the license XML, and re-provide a fresh XML for your vESA, based on the VLN associated to the vESA.  To get this information - please run 'showlicense' on the CLI.

I hope this helps!

-Robert

(*If you have received the answer to your original question, and found this helpful/correct - please mark the question as answered, and be sure to leave a rating to reflect!)

Mustapha Arakji
Level 1
Level 1

It's for free :)

In version 8.5.5 "Feature key is no longer required to enable Centralized Management feature. By default, Centralized Management feature is enabled on you appliance."

Check release notes for version 8.5.5

HTH