Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EUQ Notification

I am setting up the End User Quarantine so that the users can access the quarantine and check the message quarantined addressed to them. I have everything working with LDAP and the Logon is working but I haven't be able to find a way to send out notifications to a slect group of testers. I found where to turn on the notificaitons but it looks like it is going to send to anyone that gets email quarantined.

Is there a way to set up a group of individuals that only they receive notifications of messages quarantined addressed to them?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

Unfortunately, the AsyncOS EUQ functionality is currently set to send notifications to all recipients that have a database entry and have messages that are quarantined in the ISQ(Ironport spam quarantine). It's kind of like an all or nothing as far as the EUQ notifications are concerned.

A workaround would be to split your traffic into two groups in the "Incoming mail policy". One group would have suspect/positive spam messages get quarantined, while the other group would have a Quarantine header put in the Internet headers and would go to the mailserver.

For example, in your incoming mail policy, you would have two policies, Default policy and a Quarantine-Spam policy. If there's only a select few recipients that you would want to enable quarantine for, then you can put those emails in the "Quarantine-Spam" policy and then quarantine their Positive/Suspect spam.

Then, in the Default policy, where all the users that don't want the quarantine, you would tag the positive/suspect spam and it would then proceed to the mailserver. You could maybe preprend the subject lines and then have mail client rules that move it to a spam folder. Also, instead of tagging, you could set it to be dropped.

Let me know if you have any questions on this or need clarification.

I am setting up the End User Quarantine so that the users can access the quarantine and check the message quarantined addressed to them. I have everything working with LDAP and the Logon is working but I haven't be able to find a way to send out notifications to a slect group of testers. I found where to turn on the notificaitons but it looks like it is going to send to anyone that gets email quarantined.

Is there a way to set up a group of individuals that only they receive notifications of messages quarantined addressed to them?

Thanks