cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FCS 7.5.2-014

David Owens
Level 1
Level 1

FCS for Async OS version 7.5.2-014 was announced over the weekend.  I am reviewing at the release notes and see several fixes that would solve issues I am seeing in my environment.  I know this is early but does anyone have any experience with this release and are there any additional issues that have been observed?  I am looking for input from both Cisco support and users about this release as I am planning to upgrade as early as April 7th.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Valter Da Costa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings, at this point I believe you already did the upgrade but it worth to tell the version 7.5.2-014 is GA (General Available).

You can find the list of GA versions at:

http://www.cisco.com/web/ironport/index.html

At anytime, in case you require further information or assistance, please feel free to contact Cisco IronPort ScanSafe Customer Support or the Cisco Support Community.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Valter Da Costa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings, at this point I believe you already did the upgrade but it worth to tell the version 7.5.2-014 is GA (General Available).

You can find the list of GA versions at:

http://www.cisco.com/web/ironport/index.html

At anytime, in case you require further information or assistance, please feel free to contact Cisco IronPort ScanSafe Customer Support or the Cisco Support Community.

Valter,

Yes, you are correct we have installed 7.5.2 on our production ESA C670's.  This installed was completed on Friday April 20th.  At this time we have no known issues with this new release.  This release did appear to correct the memory leak issue and the Office 2010 filescan issue that we were experiencing on some of our ESA's.

Suggestion, add the current release for the IEA (Encryption) appliances to the web link above.  That would provide a one stop point to confirm the current GA release for all IronPort systems.

I appreciate the Cisco Support Community for the potential to respond to questions tha affect a wide audience, I believe it's use should expanded to allow interaction on items that really do not need a support (TAC) ticket.

Thanks for you follow-up.

David

m.lathoud
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Valter,

any idea why 7.5.2 is not showing as an available upgrade from C360 running 7.5.1-026 ? Only 7.5.1-102 is available.

thanks!

Martin.

Taken from page 15 of the PDF of the release notes for 7.5.2, you have to 7.1.5-101 or 102.

Upgrade Paths

You can upgrade to release 7.5.2-014 from the following versions:

•7.1.5-101

•7.5.1-102

Ken Stieers | Network Engineer

Opus Holding, L.L.C.

10350 Bren Road West | Minnetonka, MN 55343

P: 952-656-4599 | F: 952-352-8599 | C: 612-387-6809

Ken.Stieers@opus-group.com | www.opus-group.com<>

National Expertise in Real Estate Development, Project Management & Construction, Architecture & Engineering

Hi Martin,

It is possible your appliance is not provisioned. Please consider opening a Customer Support ticket and we will investigate further.

As Ken said, the upgrade path is in the Release Notes but sometimes, it is possible our servers do not have your serial in the correct path.

Regards,

Valter

Hi,

actually Ken is right, there is no direct path from 7.5.1-026 to 7.5.2, which I did not expect (so I have not checked). I upgraded to -102 and now 7.5.2 is there. Thanks to both of you for your help!

Martin.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: