Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

fluctuating senderbase reputation score

One of our vendors has a SBRS that can change from 5 to none in under and hour. Is anybody else seeing this scenario?

[img:391e825a91]http://web.acd.ccac.edu/~bpoyner/ironport/sbrs-fluctuate.jpg[/img:391e825a91]

The DNS TTL on the graph is an indication that I'm not getting stale data out of SBRS.

I was told by IronPort support that the vendor has a low mail volume and the SBRS adjusts accordingly. They also said they didn't have historical data, so I set about creating some of my own.

We have a very different mail flow policy between a SBRS of none and 5. My main concern here isn't that we don't have a work around for this vendor, but that this fluctuation doesn't match at all how my IronPort sales engineer told me SBRS works. I was explicitly told that SBRS changes, while dynamic, won't make sudden, drastic shifts. This is the only IP where I've seen this kind of behavior but I have concerns it's lurking out there for other IPs.

1 Reply 1

Douglas Hardison
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I would suggest re-opening the issue with Customer Support, providing the data you collected. Customer Support can engage the group that handles SBRS for a finer-grained explanation of this IP address' rapid changes in score.

-whardison