cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

formatted disclaimer

mzi_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to format text in a text resource which is used for message footer ?
(integrate bold or underline types)

33 Replies 33

Pat_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks dbeste for your hint!
Could you please tell me step by step, how I can add your 'Content Filters Outgoing' once for HTML-Footer and once for the TEXT-Footer with the GUI on the newest AsynchOS 5.5.1-011?

I'm hanging on this step:
- Mail-Policies
- Outgoing Content Filters
-> Add Filter, Section 'Conditions' and 'Actions':
How and where exactly can I add your rules

Order 1: 
HTML-Footer: if (body-contains("text/html")) OR (body-contains("multipart/mixed")) { add-footer("HTML-Footer"); insert-header("X-Footer", "HTML"); }

Order 2:
TEXT-Footer: if (header("X-Footer") != "HTML") { add-footer("TEXT-Footer"); }

Isn't it possibly using the GUI?

Pat_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

I found the Knowledgebase ID 275 "How do I add a new message filter to my IronPort Appliance?"

This is the information I was looking for. :wink:

BTW: Is it possible to link to such a ID without known login? Are this informations only for IronPort-Customers?

gkenny
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

For an HTML footer, not closing with a

tag appears to break attachments in email with the attachment binary content displayed in the message body.

I am still having a similar issue for a Text footer and I have been unable to resolve this. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?

Cheers,

Gary

Donald Glynn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All are very good comments and suggestions.

HTML has been assigned Feature Request 277.

As for Text formatting (bold/underlining) has not been requested. Please contact your IronPort Sales Team they would be the best avunue to champion a request such as this.

Donald Glynn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Links or external knowledge base information is limited to customers/users with support portal accounts.

You can request an account by going to the following link:
http://www.ironport.com/support/request_account.php

Pat_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you 'dglynn' for the Link-Answer. (I have such an account).

Could you please tell us, how we can access the Feature Request-List?
Is this list available in the support-portal as well?

How can I support this feature request 277, including Text/HTML-functionality?

Addition from May 15:
Any news on this?

prash_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

:( We are on release 6.3 and I am not getting the same results as stated here. I guess functionality also changed after renaming "Message footer" to "disclaimer"?
Please help to setup a html disclaimer :( Thanks[size=12:93b1d3cdc1][/size:93b1d3cdc1]

karlyoun
Level 1
Level 1

[quote="prashant.bhokare"]:( We are on release 6.3 and I am not getting the same results as stated here. I guess functionality also changed after renaming "Message footer" to "disclaimer"?
Please help to setup a html disclaimer :( Thanks[size=12][/size]

Prashant

Please let us know what you tried, and how it failed.

Karl Young

prash_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I created a text resource using type diclaimer with the following content

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the XYZ company. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.

Then i created a outging content filter to trigger for all mails to my gmail address should get this disclaimer.

The content filter did work but the disclaimer on gmail was seen with the html tags as is. I hope what i want to say...

can you help me to undertsnad where i went wrong. Thanks

prash_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I created a text resource using type diclaimer with the following content

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the XYZ company. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.

Then i created a outging content filter to trigger for all mails to my gmail address should get this disclaimer.

The content filter did work but the disclaimer on gmail was seen with the html tags as is. I hope what i want to say...

can you help me to undertsnad where i went wrong. Thanks

I am also looking for a way to add an HTML disclaimer. I migrated from MailMarshal about 6 months ago but I am still running that product just for the disclaimers. I must say, IronPort is awesome and it can do a lot of things but it needs work in this area. It should be an easy thing to do but adding an HTML disclaimer is not possible from what I am told by support.

Currently mail leaves our mail server and goes to MailMarshal where a disclaimer is added. From MailMarshal the email flows to IronPort and then out to the world. I would love to eliminate the Marshal box but I need the HTML disclaimers to work on IronPort. Pure text disclaimers just won't work. It isn't 1998 anymore. Can someone from IronPort please help us out. It seems that there are enough of your customers asking for this feature.

Jim :cry:

Pat_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

I have it working here (both: plaintext/HTML).
What exactly doesn't work for you?

Pat, thanks for the reply. I was able to get the plain text disclaimers working fine. The problem with those is that the text didn't automatically wrap and it was one long line of words. IronPort told me that the only way to get it to wrap was to use an HTML disclaimer which they didn't support yet.

With MailMarshal it works quite nicely. If a message is being sent in plain text it will add a plain text version of our disclaimer(with line wrapping text). If it is a HTML message it adds an HTML disclaimer. Is this possible with IronPort? I am currently running version 6.1.0-306.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

Pat_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

I have to check this issue Monday@work. Sorry for the delay!

Monday:
Our plaintext-disclaimer is a text ressource (Mail Policies, Text Ressources). We have copy&pasted the disclaimer from UltraEdit32 and that seems to do the trick. But I'm not sure, what exactly makes the difference... :oops:

An other work-around could be if you wrap the disclaimer manually line by line after 80 characters. Not really nice, but better then one line .-)

And you are right: IronPort should help us in this issue. Because it seems not to be that difficult, but important for many companies.

prash_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Pat,

UltraEdit32 didn't work for me :(
In what format did you save the file before copy pasting the content as text resources box? Is there something I missed.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: