Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Good question...

Hi,

I'm buying an ESA appliance with a support of X users (X mailboxes). I'm wondering how the appliance determines the number of used mailboxes and What could be its behaviour if this number becomes greater than the initial purchased number.

Thanks for you tips,

Vincent

3 Replies 3

morrow_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

the nr of mailboxes are not counted and therefor are not limited on the box. The only limitation is the throughput (Mails/Sec) which is only a question of Hardware resources ;-)

Regards,
Adrian

I agree with you Adrian but when I bought my ESA appliance, it was supposed to work with a defined number of user. As an example, for a Blocker, you can get it with a 50, 100 or 200 users support. So I'm wondering when this figure is used by the ESA appliance?

Erich_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

IronPorts are licensed on the number of users for the IPAS, Sophos, McAfee, & VOF. There are no hard limits other than hardware capacity, honesty and legal contracts are the limiting factors. Also licenses are renewed every 1-3 years, so user growth is re-evaluated at that time also. Be honest, about your user growth...growth is a good thing.

Also IronPorts come in different sizes, you won't be able to get 100,000 messages an hour through IPAS, Sophos, McAfee and VOF scan engines on a C100, but given an X1050 you will be pleased with the results :)