Views
Helpful
Replies

Has Phishing volumes changed ?

Rayman_Jr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

What's your general feeling about the Phishing volumes which are getting through ? Have you seen any differences between different locations ?

We have pretty big user community in Europe and US without major phishing problems (only few reports ) but we are getting a lot of reports (daily) from South Africa (with ~5000 users).

Our IronPort rules are similar for Africa than it's for rest of the world. We are also adding X-header if message is ranked as "suspected" SPAM but seems that all passed phishing messages are clean and not detected by IronPort.

Have you seen similar problems ?

2 Replies 2

Jarih - pls report missed phish mail to us at spam at access dot ironport dot com.

We have spam rules in place that are also used to pick up phish mail - however if we can enhance these rules we try to so *please* send samples so we can write rules to capture these.

Rayman_Jr
Level 1
Level 1

I have sent IronPort Outlook Plug-In for Outlook to local HelpDesk which will (I truly hope so) report the Phishing messages to IronPort support.

I have instructed them to use "Other -> Report threat -> Phish" action when reporting the Phishing

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: