cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Header image on our outgoing email is ruined when secured

keithsauer507
Level 5
Level 5

Our outgoing e-mail all gets a company header image. It's a 650 x 66 gif image that is applied to all outgoing messages right before hitting the ironport.

This header image goes out fine unsecured, but if we secure the message we run into a problem.

When I view the secure e-mail in CRES, I get a broken image link, and the image URL is changed to: cid:20091021102832746@tomcat.44

Although in the secure e-mail there is an attachment called short_header.gif. If I click on this attachment I see the header image open in a new browser window.

This is NOT what we want. We want the short_header.gif to be in the body of the message, like company letterhead. We were told prior to purchasing this appliance that this was possible. This is why we didn't go with Tumbleweed for secure e-mail, because that stripped the image and sent it as an attachment.

Any idea's how to get this working?

3 Replies 3

I dont have CRES or PostX.

The RFC 2392 do state the URI scheme to be CID:XXXXXX.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2392

Maybe it will help when you embed your image and use

keithsauer507
Level 5
Level 5

We are sending out the cid: matched to the content-id.

For example, the content id header before the data is:

------=_Part_27139_31810384.1256219199103
Content-Type: image/gif; name="short header.gif"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <200910229463981>
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="short header.gif"

and the image tag where we refrence this is embedded as:

This DOES work, but once we encrypt the message this breaks for some stupid reason. The CID isn't altered. It just shows short header.gif as an attachment and a broken image link at the top of the screen.

Any ideas?

keithsauer507
Level 5
Level 5

I opened a support case regarding this issue. Here's the response I got:

The IronPort's encryption engine currently does not support rendering of self-contained inline image attachments.

Adding this functionality is currently under consideration for a future release of AsyncOS. This feature request is logged as request number 50064. I will be adding you to the requesters for this feature request.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: